What is involved in Developer Testing
Find out what the related areas are that Developer Testing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Developer Testing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Developer Testing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Developer Testing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Developer Testing related domains to cover and 156 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Developer Testing, Deployment environment, Acceptance testing, Application lifecycle management, Cloud computing, Computer program, Computer system, Continuous integration, Data center, Development, testing, acceptance and production, Development environment, Domestic canary, Feature flag, Hot swapping, Hotfix, Integrated development environment, Load testing, Production support, Release management, Revision control, Sandbox, Service pack, Software Development, Software component, Software deployment, Software performance testing, Test Environment Management:
Developer Testing Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Developer Testing issues and check on ways to get started with Developer Testing.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Developer Testing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Is there any existing Developer Testing governance structure?
– How can you measure Developer Testing in a systematic way?
Deployment environment Critical Criteria:
Consider Deployment environment goals and look at it backwards.
– Do those selected for the Developer Testing team have a good general understanding of what Developer Testing is all about?
– How likely is the current Developer Testing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How is the value delivered by Developer Testing being measured?
Acceptance testing Critical Criteria:
Analyze Acceptance testing tactics and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Acceptance testing is getting what it needs.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Developer Testing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Developer Testing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Developer Testing with what users do day-to-day?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
Application lifecycle management Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Application lifecycle management management and ask what if.
– Is the Developer Testing organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the short and long-term Developer Testing goals?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Cloud computing management and correct better engagement with Cloud computing results.
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– Think about the functions involved in your Developer Testing project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– How should we report on the geographic location (street address) for cloud computing solutions?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in IT expenditure?
– What are some standards emerging around cloud computing?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– Resource provisioning algos in cloud computing?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
Computer program Critical Criteria:
Recall Computer program leadership and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Computer program projects.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Developer Testing requirements in detail?
– Are accountability and ownership for Developer Testing clearly defined?
– How can the value of Developer Testing be defined?
Computer system Critical Criteria:
Administer Computer system projects and raise human resource and employment practices for Computer system.
– During the last 3 years, have you experienced a disruption to your computer system that lasted longer than 4 hours for any reason (other than planned downtime)?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Developer Testing. How do we gain traction?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Developer Testing?
– What is our Developer Testing Strategy?
Continuous integration Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Continuous integration adoptions and get the big picture.
– Does Developer Testing create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Does your organization run a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process?
– Will we use Continuous Integration?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Mix Data center tactics and explain and analyze the challenges of Data center.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– what is the best design framework for Developer Testing organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Developer Testing been identified and analyzed?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
Development, testing, acceptance and production Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Development, testing, acceptance and production tasks and find the ideas you already have.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Developer Testing that make it risky?
– What are the business goals Developer Testing is aiming to achieve?
– How do we keep improving Developer Testing?
Development environment Critical Criteria:
Understand Development environment management and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Development environment is getting what it needs.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Developer Testing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Developer Testing process available?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– How do we know that any Developer Testing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– And how many Agile development environments are exactly the same?
– Will the customer have access to a development environment?
– How would one define Developer Testing leadership?
Domestic canary Critical Criteria:
Grasp Domestic canary quality and check on ways to get started with Domestic canary.
– For your Developer Testing project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Can we do Developer Testing without complex (expensive) analysis?
Feature flag Critical Criteria:
Talk about Feature flag quality and slay a dragon.
– Is Developer Testing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do we go about Comparing Developer Testing approaches/solutions?
Hot swapping Critical Criteria:
Trace Hot swapping tasks and work towards be a leading Hot swapping expert.
– Consider your own Developer Testing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do we Improve Developer Testing service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we manage Developer Testing Knowledge Management (KM)?
Hotfix Critical Criteria:
Group Hotfix strategies and shift your focus.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Developer Testing activities?
– How to Secure Developer Testing?
Integrated development environment Critical Criteria:
Consult on Integrated development environment adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Integrated development environment services.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Developer Testing process?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Developer Testing leaders?
Load testing Critical Criteria:
Own Load testing results and revise understanding of Load testing architectures.
– IDS/IPS traffic pattern analysis can often detect or block attacks such as a denial-of-service attack or a network scan. However, in some cases this is legitimate traffic (such as using cloud infrastructure for load testing or security testing). Does the cloud provider have a documented exception process for allowing legitimate traffic that the IDS/IPS flags as an attack pattern?
– When the engineering team is satisfied, and pushes the new features to a full automation run, including load testing, how long does it take to declare the service ready to use?
– Which customers cant participate in our Developer Testing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Developer Testing project manager?
Production support Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Production support engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– Are there Developer Testing Models?
Release management Critical Criteria:
Value Release management projects and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Release management decisions.
– What happens after development: how should developers release component-based software and how can users subsequently obtain such software especially if the software under consideration consists of many components that are released by many organizations at many different geographical locations?
– How do these developers concur over long distances in environments where people rarely if ever meet face to face in a virtual organization?
– What is, really, the difference between development and innovation, i.e. how big or radical do changes have to be to warrant the label innovation ?
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– In some projects up to 85% of the changes are performed by a small core of developers, what space for innovation is left?
– What will happen to the software configuration of a customer, when she updates a certain component?
– Do the Developer Testing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Does it Improve the production readiness and quality of your application code?
– Does it Eliminate lengthy email threads trying to achieve change approval?
– What to build, how to build it, build it, and is it built right?
– What do we know about proximity and distance in work groups?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– What are the development, release, and deployment activities?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– Does Agile Release Management Work in Real Life?
– what is NEXT FOR RELEASE MANAGEMENT AND DEVOPS?
– What is release management?
– When to buy vs. build ?
Revision control Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Revision control engagements and find out.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Developer Testing leader?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Developer Testing?
Sandbox Critical Criteria:
Look at Sandbox management and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Sandbox.
Service pack Critical Criteria:
Unify Service pack issues and plan concise Service pack education.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Developer Testing process?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Developer Testing study?
– How do the elements of our service package support our competitive strategy?
– Who will provide the final approval of Developer Testing deliverables?
Software Development Critical Criteria:
Look at Software Development visions and arbitrate Software Development techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Imagine a scenario where you engage a software group to build a critical software system. Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– What are some keys to successfully conquering ever changing business requirements?
– How Do Practitioners Integrate Usability Engineering in Software Development?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– Has Your Organization Adopted One or More Agile Techniques?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– How is the development team organized?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– Any impediments/stumbling blocks?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
Software component Critical Criteria:
Focus on Software component issues and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Software component.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Developer Testing services/products?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Developer Testing values?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all identified requirements allocated to software components?
– How do we measure improved Developer Testing service perception, and satisfaction?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Software deployment visions and pioneer acquisition of Software deployment systems.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Developer Testing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Software performance testing Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Software performance testing management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Software performance testing projects.
– What are our needs in relation to Developer Testing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Developer Testing effort?
Test Environment Management Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Test Environment Management governance and intervene in Test Environment Management processes and leadership.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Developer Testing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Developer Testing project lifecycle?
– Is Developer Testing dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Developer Testing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Developer Testing External links:
Automated Developer Testing: Achievements and …
FlyBristol Developer Testing – Roblox
ROBLOX Fame Developer Testing – ROBLOX
Deployment environment External links:
TestStand Debug Deployment Environment – National …
Acceptance testing External links:
User Acceptance Testing Analyst | IllinoisJobLink.com
UltiPro User-Acceptance Testing (UAT) Instructions | …
Acceptance Testing | Electrical Contractor Magazine
Application lifecycle management External links:
[PDF]What is Application Lifecycle Management?
HP Application Lifecycle Management 12.53
[PDF]Application Lifecycle Management – Deloitte
Cloud computing External links:
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | DevOps
Computer program External links:
Buffett and Beyond Computer Program & Video Newsletter
Browser | computer program | Britannica.com
Computer system External links:
computer system Definition from PC Magazine Encyclopedia
How to recover data after Windows computer system restore
Computer System Designers (CSD)
Continuous integration External links:
Continuous Integration – Visual Studio
Continuous integration in .NET (eBook, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
Data center External links:
BOEM Data Center
Aeronautical Data, National Flight Data Center (NFDC)
Defense Manpower Data Center – PSA Division
Development environment External links:
How to Set Up a Python Development Environment on …
Postman | API Development Environment
Domestic canary External links:
Domestic canary – Topic – YouTube
Feature flag External links:
Buying vs Build Feature Flag Driven Development
Feature Flag-Driven Development – LaunchDarkly Blog
architecture – What is a “feature flag”? – Stack Overflow
Hot swapping External links:
Hot Swapping a Hard Drive in a Rack – YouTube
Hot Swapping hard disk on ProxySG and CacheFlow products
Hotfix External links:
HotFix Queen — SWAROVSKI HOT FIX RHINESTONES ~ …
MilitaryCAC’s ActivClient 6.2 hotfix update page
MilitaryCAC’s ActivClient 7 hotfix update page
Integrated development environment External links:
Integrated Development Environment – Green Hills MULTI
Integrated Development Environment Elements
Load testing External links:
New generator load testing requirement | HFAP Blog
FAQs for load testing | Microsoft Docs
.net – Performance and Load testing tools – Stack Overflow
Production support External links:
Production Support Jobs – Naukri.com
Production Support | CADD – CADD Manual
Production Support – Hexaware
Revision control External links:
What is Revision Control? – Computer Hope
Sandbox External links:
Life is Feudal – Sandbox MMORPG
Home | Sandbox
Sandbox (1) – Roblox
Service pack External links:
Install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) – Windows Help
This is the self-extracting executable that contains the update package for Windows XP Service Pack 3. Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes all previously
Software Development External links:
Sparkol – Software Development Company
Download .NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit …
Software component External links:
What is a software component? – Quora
Software deployment External links:
Ultimate Software Deployment Checklist & Deployment Plan
Software Deployment Testing – University of Nevada, Reno
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT …
Software performance testing External links:
What is Software Performance Testing? – Segue Technologies
Genealogy Software Performance Testing – tamurajones.net
A1QA – Software Performance Testing Services
Test Environment Management External links:
What are some Test Environment Management tools? – Quora
Apwide – Test Environment Management in Jira
[PDF]Test Environment Management Policy PS4001 final – …