What is involved in Enterprise engineering
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise engineering connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise engineering thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise engineering journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise engineering leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise engineering related domains to cover and 203 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise engineering, Business Architecture, Business Engineering, Business operations, Business process, Concurrent system, Engineering Administration, Engineering Management, Enterprise Architecture Planning, Enterprise Life Cycle, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise integration, Enterprise systems engineering, Functional Software Architecture, Generalised Enterprise Reference Architecture and Methodology, Industrial Engineering, Information Modelling, Institute of Industrial Engineers, Interdisciplinary field, International Standard Book Number, José Tribolet, Liles, Donald H., Object-oriented analysis and design, Operations management, Petri Nets, R.E. Giachetti, Service management, Software development, Software development process, Software factory, Strategic management, Systems Development Life Cycle, Systems analysis, Systems design, Systems engineering, Vernadat, François, Vernadat F.B., View model:
Enterprise engineering Critical Criteria:
Generalize Enterprise engineering engagements and learn.
– How do we Identify specific Enterprise engineering investment and emerging trends?
– How would one define Enterprise engineering leadership?
– What about Enterprise engineering Analysis of results?
Business Architecture Critical Criteria:
Derive from Business Architecture tasks and revise understanding of Business Architecture architectures.
– Which Enterprise engineering goals are the most important?
– What is our Enterprise engineering Strategy?
Business Engineering Critical Criteria:
Study Business Engineering visions and get going.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Enterprise engineering models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the disruptive Enterprise engineering technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Think about the functions involved in your Enterprise engineering project. what processes flow from these functions?
Business operations Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Business operations results and report on developing an effective Business operations strategy.
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– How to move the data in legacy systems to the cloud environment without interrupting business operations?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Enterprise engineering moving forward?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Enterprise engineering activities?
– Are there Enterprise engineering Models?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Business process visions and revise understanding of Business process architectures.
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– Are interruptions to business activities counteracted and critical business processes protected from the effects of major failures or disasters?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Enterprise engineering into the services that we provide?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– Will Enterprise engineering deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– What core business processes drive our industry and channel today?
– What is the business process?
Concurrent system Critical Criteria:
Discuss Concurrent system leadership and pay attention to the small things.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Enterprise engineering products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do we monitor the Enterprise engineering decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Why is Enterprise engineering important for you now?
Engineering Administration Critical Criteria:
Unify Engineering Administration management and probe Engineering Administration strategic alliances.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Enterprise engineering objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Enterprise engineering goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Engineering Management Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Engineering Management decisions and observe effective Engineering Management.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Enterprise engineering process?
– What is the plan to align prime contractors systems engineering management plan (semp) with the Program Management office (pmo) sep?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Enterprise engineering study?
– How to deal with Enterprise engineering Changes?
Enterprise Architecture Planning Critical Criteria:
Confer over Enterprise Architecture Planning management and look at the big picture.
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Enterprise engineering effort?
– Think of your Enterprise engineering project. what are the main functions?
– Who needs to know about Enterprise engineering ?
Enterprise Life Cycle Critical Criteria:
Mine Enterprise Life Cycle quality and catalog Enterprise Life Cycle activities.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Enterprise engineering, including any consulting or professional services?
– Do the Enterprise engineering decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How will you know that the Enterprise engineering project has been successful?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Face Enterprise architecture planning and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Enterprise architecture services.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Is Enterprise engineering Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– How will you measure your Enterprise engineering effectiveness?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– How do we go about Securing Enterprise engineering?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise integration Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Enterprise integration strategies and mentor Enterprise integration customer orientation.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Enterprise engineering opportunities costing us money?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Enterprise engineering?
– Are assumptions made in Enterprise engineering stated explicitly?
Enterprise systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Grade Enterprise systems engineering quality and assess what counts with Enterprise systems engineering that we are not counting.
– In what ways are Enterprise engineering vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Enterprise engineering processes of our organization?
– What are internal and external Enterprise engineering relations?
Functional Software Architecture Critical Criteria:
Generalize Functional Software Architecture quality and drive action.
– How do we go about Comparing Enterprise engineering approaches/solutions?
– Does Enterprise engineering appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Generalised Enterprise Reference Architecture and Methodology Critical Criteria:
Use past Generalised Enterprise Reference Architecture and Methodology results and create a map for yourself.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Enterprise engineering ?
– Is there any existing Enterprise engineering governance structure?
– What are the long-term Enterprise engineering goals?
Industrial Engineering Critical Criteria:
Test Industrial Engineering risks and be persistent.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Enterprise engineering process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Enterprise engineering process available?
– Are accountability and ownership for Enterprise engineering clearly defined?
Information Modelling Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Information Modelling adoptions and create a map for yourself.
– Are we Assessing Enterprise engineering and Risk?
Institute of Industrial Engineers Critical Criteria:
Match Institute of Industrial Engineers governance and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Institute of Industrial Engineers.
– Consider your own Enterprise engineering project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Enterprise engineering leader?
Interdisciplinary field Critical Criteria:
Merge Interdisciplinary field quality and get answers.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Enterprise engineering strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Does the Enterprise engineering task fit the clients priorities?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Start International Standard Book Number results and assess what counts with International Standard Book Number that we are not counting.
– How do we manage Enterprise engineering Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How can you measure Enterprise engineering in a systematic way?
– How to Secure Enterprise engineering?
José Tribolet Critical Criteria:
Rank José Tribolet leadership and gather practices for scaling José Tribolet.
– How do we maintain Enterprise engineerings Integrity?
Liles, Donald H. Critical Criteria:
Recall Liles, Donald H. adoptions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Enterprise engineering product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are our needs in relation to Enterprise engineering skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we Improve Enterprise engineering service perception, and satisfaction?
Object-oriented analysis and design Critical Criteria:
Chart Object-oriented analysis and design projects and catalog Object-oriented analysis and design activities.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Enterprise engineering Management?
Operations management Critical Criteria:
Guard Operations management governance and display thorough understanding of the Operations management process.
– For your Enterprise engineering project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
– How do we keep improving Enterprise engineering?
Petri Nets Critical Criteria:
Dissect Petri Nets engagements and sort Petri Nets activities.
– Does Enterprise engineering systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
R.E. Giachetti Critical Criteria:
Examine R.E. Giachetti decisions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive R.E. Giachetti decisions.
– Will Enterprise engineering have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Enterprise engineering process?
– How do we measure improved Enterprise engineering service perception, and satisfaction?
Service management Critical Criteria:
Boost Service management outcomes and perfect Service management conflict management.
– The pressure is on to improve alignment between IT and the business and deliver more strategic value to the company. But how can you get there fast, without breaking the bank?
– Which cloud Service Management process monitors and reports on allocation and utilization of resources by consumers in order to generate a chargeback report?
– How would you describe the impact of cloud vis-a -vis your ITSM initiative/capabilities in your organization?
– Describe your strategic service vision both internal and external. Have you created a breakthrough service?
– What is our strategic service vision both internal and external. Have we created a breakthrough service?
– How do you actually go about identifying, defining and then managing a set of services that make sense?
– What are the key differences between ITAM IT asset management and ITSM IT service management?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– What are the main costs associated with introducing Service Management?
– How does our physical facility and layout support the service concept?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– What are the best apps for field service management?
– Will we be eligible for ISOIEC 20000 certification?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– What does a disaster recovery plan look like?
– What is the future of it Service Management?
– Can your business solution handle it?
– What is the scope of certification?
– What Tools are in place?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Rank Software development decisions and assess what counts with Software development that we are not counting.
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– With this new, full-stack approach to software delivery comes new opportunity for delay. DevOps was developed as a reaction to the long lead times required for infrastructure provisioning and integration with bureaucracy-laden ITIL processes. But what are these new sources of delay in the software development lifecycle?
– Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– Are you considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– How do you know when the software will be finished if theres no up-front plan?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– How Agile are Industrial Software Development Practices?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– What does software development maturity really mean?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– How do engineers feel about it?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Software development process tasks and slay a dragon.
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Enterprise engineering activities?
Software factory Critical Criteria:
Jump start Software factory engagements and be persistent.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Enterprise engineering is underway?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Enterprise engineering project?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Enterprise engineering processes?
Strategic management Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Strategic management leadership and devote time assessing Strategic management and its risk.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Enterprise engineering does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Enterprise engineering?
Systems Development Life Cycle Critical Criteria:
Administer Systems Development Life Cycle tasks and handle a jump-start course to Systems Development Life Cycle.
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– What are the business goals Enterprise engineering is aiming to achieve?
– What are our Enterprise engineering Processes?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Systems analysis risks and pay attention to the small things.
– It is often difficult to explain what is achieved by Systems Analysis and design especially when talking to a user that wants a system tomorrow! why should it take so long to design a system?
– How can expected costs and benefits be quantified to determine whether the new system will indeed be cost-effective?
– How can probability estimates be obtained when the information available is severely limited?
– What political support and opposition is likely to arise in response to reform proposals?
– What are the different roles that are played on our systems development team?
– What service providers would be able to build this application if outsourced?
– What important aspects need to be considered during a feasibility study?
– What specific functions (or sub-systems) exist within the organization?
– What types of planning are necessary to ensure the system s success?
– In which of the stages will end-user involvement be most extensive?
– How should Systems Analysis incorporate multisectoral components?
– What are the project development team s roles?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– How will employees react to a new system?
– Systems Analysis and design: what is it?
– Systems Analysis and design: why is it?
– Which tasks should be undertaken first?
– Which organizational units affected?
– Can a step be eliminated?
Systems design Critical Criteria:
Survey Systems design projects and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Systems design services.
– Is a technical solution for data loss prevention -i.e., systems designed to automatically monitor for data leakage -considered essential to enterprise risk management?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Debate over Systems engineering failures and oversee Systems engineering management by competencies.
– The approach of traditional Enterprise engineering works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– Is sufficient schedule time allocated to allow for dependencies on commercial off-the-shelf cots product deliveries?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– How are you going to know that the system is performing correctly once it is operational?
– Does the deployment schedule call for installations at a typically rainy time of year?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– Do the requirements satisfy the intent and all key items of the need?
– What are the elements and the high-level capabilities of the system?
– What are the expectations and limits of the given integration?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– What are specific Enterprise engineering Rules to follow?
– What solution options may be appropriate?
– What parts are connected to each other?
– How does it all fit together?
– Multiple development cycles?
– Deliver interim releases?
– Right requirements?
– Where are we today?
– What is a system?
Vernadat, François Critical Criteria:
Investigate Vernadat, François tasks and revise understanding of Vernadat, François architectures.
– Have all basic functions of Enterprise engineering been defined?
– Are there Enterprise engineering problems defined?
Vernadat F.B. Critical Criteria:
Face Vernadat F.B. planning and tour deciding if Vernadat F.B. progress is made.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Enterprise engineering?
– Do Enterprise engineering rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
View model Critical Criteria:
Participate in View model results and probe the present value of growth of View model.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Enterprise engineering project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Enterprise engineering that make it risky?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise engineering Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise engineering External links:
Money20/20 – Enterprise Engineering, Inc. (EEI)
Enterprise Engineering, Inc. – Home | Facebook
Business Architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
What is Business Architecture? – The Open Group Blog
Business Engineering External links:
Our Leadership Team – Quality Business Engineering
Avalon – Business Engineering Services
Business operations External links:
Business Operations Center
Business Operations Intern – Columbus, OH – Quantum …
Business Operations Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Business process External links:
Canon Business Process Services
[PDF]Business Process Guide Position Management : …
Business Process Management Jobs – CareerBuilder
Concurrent system External links:
[PDF]T The Free Body AB Diagram The Concurrent System
Engineering Administration External links:
College of Engineering Administration – UT Arlington
Engineering Management External links:
UAB – Construction Engineering Management – Home
Engineering Management Program | University of …
Engineering Management & Systems Engineering | The …
Enterprise Architecture Planning External links:
[DOC]DOIT Enterprise Architecture Planning Project – …
Enterprise Architecture Planning: Developing a Blueprint for Data, Applications, and Technology: 9780471599852: Computer Science Books @ Amazon.com
Enterprise Life Cycle External links:
Enterprise Life Cycle Management (ELM) – Bay State
Enterprise Life Cycle | Chron.com
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise integration External links:
Office of Enterprise Integration (OEI)
Enterprise systems engineering External links:
Enterprise Systems Engineering | VA Mobile
Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering < … http://catalog.illinois.edu/graduate/graduate-majors/iese
[PDF]Framework for Enterprise Systems Engineering
Industrial Engineering External links:
School of Industrial Engineering – Purdue University
Industrial Engineering & Management
Information Modelling External links:
Building information modelling framework: A research …
Institute of Industrial Engineers External links:
Membership | Institute of Industrial Engineers
Institute Of Industrial Engineers – Web.nmsu.edu
Institute of Industrial Engineers – Iowa State University
Interdisciplinary field External links:
Interdisciplinary field experiments | MBARI
UGA Interdisciplinary Field Program | Department of …
International Standard Book Number External links:
International Standard Book Number – Quora
What is an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)?
[PDF]International Standard Book Number: 0-942920-53-8
Object-oriented analysis and design External links:
Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: Understanding System Development with UML 2.0 [Mike O’Docherty] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on …
Petri Nets External links:
[PDF]Petri Nets for Dynamic Event-Driven System Modeling
http://bluehawk.monmouth.edu/~jwang/Petri Nets — Introduction.pdf
Petri Nets – University of Texas at Austin
[PDF]Petri Nets: Tutorial and Applications – UMD ISR
Service management External links:
Decisiv Service Management Platform
[PDF]IT service management career path – BCS Certifications
Software development External links:
Online Education and Software Development | Smart Horizons
Wolphi-Link interface – Wolphi – Mobile Software Development
Software development process External links:
During which phase of the software development process …
Software Development Process Flashcards | Quizlet
Software factory External links:
Spectory – a software factory
Software Factory | Automatización Testing | QA | CFO Tech
Strategic management External links:
Strategic Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Strategic Management – AbeBooks
Strategic management (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
Systems Development Life Cycle External links:
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Table of Contents
[PDF]Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) …
Systems analysis External links:
Systems Analysis and Integration | Transportation …
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
Technology Services / Systems Analysis & Support
Systems engineering External links:
Innoslate | PLM and Systems Engineering Tools
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Industrial & Systems Engineering | College of Engineering
View model External links:
[PDF]FAUCET PARTS – EXPLODED VIEW Model: K-59 – …
Clayton Homes: The Grand View Model Home …
My View model position for CS:GO – Steam Community