What is involved in Cyber-physical system
Find out what the related areas are that Cyber-physical system connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cyber-physical system thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cyber-physical system journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cyber-physical system leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cyber-physical system related domains to cover and 116 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cyber-physical system, Association for Computing Machinery, Automatic pilot, Autonomous automobile, Chemical process, Cloud computing, Computer network, Critical infrastructure, Cyber manufacturing, Deep-sea exploration, Embedded system, Functional Mock-up Interface, Home appliance, IEEE Spectrum, Idaho National Laboratory, Indoor positioning system, Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Medical monitoring, National Science Foundation, Predictive manufacturing system, Process control system, Resilient control systems, SAP AG, Schneider Electric, Signal-flow graph, Smart grid, Wireless network:
Cyber-physical system Critical Criteria:
Start Cyber-physical system tasks and oversee Cyber-physical system management by competencies.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Cyber-physical system information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Does Cyber-physical system systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What is our formula for success in Cyber-physical system ?
Association for Computing Machinery Critical Criteria:
Group Association for Computing Machinery planning and look at the big picture.
– How would one define Cyber-physical system leadership?
– How do we go about Securing Cyber-physical system?
– Is the scope of Cyber-physical system defined?
Automatic pilot Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Automatic pilot visions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Can we add value to the current Cyber-physical system decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Cyber-physical system products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Autonomous automobile Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Autonomous automobile decisions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Autonomous automobile is getting what it needs.
– What are our needs in relation to Cyber-physical system skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What about Cyber-physical system Analysis of results?
Chemical process Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Chemical process outcomes and catalog what business benefits will Chemical process goals deliver if achieved.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Cyber-physical system requirements in detail?
– Do we have past Cyber-physical system Successes?
– What is Effective Cyber-physical system?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Drive Cloud computing adoptions and create Cloud computing explanations for all managers.
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– To what extent do you believe the use of cloud computing will improve its ability to provide support for the business in the next two years?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Provider viability: what happens to your organizations applications and data in the event that the provider goes out of business?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– When is utility computing preferable to running a private cloud?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in it expenditure?
– What defines a true cloud solution versus the quasi cloud?
– What are the security concerns with cloud computing?
– Which is better for business open or closed clouds?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– How energy efficient is cloud computing?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Computer network engagements and devote time assessing Computer network and its risk.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Cyber-physical system forward?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Cyber-physical system objectives?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Critical infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Trace Critical infrastructure projects and ask questions.
– What role(s) do or should national/international standards and organizations that develop national/international standards play in critical infrastructure Cybersecurity conformity assessment?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in developing a cross-sector standards-based Framework for critical infrastructure?
– Which of these practices do commenters see as being the most critical for the secure operation of critical infrastructure?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– What do we see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– Does Cyber-physical system create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is Cyber-physical system dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are these practices widely used throughout critical infrastructure and industry?
Cyber manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Match Cyber manufacturing outcomes and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Cyber-physical system product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is Cyber-physical system Required?
Deep-sea exploration Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Deep-sea exploration issues and transcribe Deep-sea exploration as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Cyber-physical system project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Do those selected for the Cyber-physical system team have a good general understanding of what Cyber-physical system is all about?
Embedded system Critical Criteria:
Focus on Embedded system tasks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Embedded system information.
– Think about the people you identified for your Cyber-physical system project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Among the Cyber-physical system product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do the Cyber-physical system decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Functional Mock-up Interface Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Functional Mock-up Interface decisions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Functional Mock-up Interface.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Cyber-physical system?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Cyber-physical system move?
Home appliance Critical Criteria:
Discuss Home appliance strategies and get out your magnifying glass.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Cyber-physical system strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Cyber-physical system process?
IEEE Spectrum Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IEEE Spectrum quality and get the big picture.
– Think about the functions involved in your Cyber-physical system project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the usability implications of Cyber-physical system actions?
– Why is Cyber-physical system important for you now?
Idaho National Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Test Idaho National Laboratory tactics and assess and formulate effective operational and Idaho National Laboratory strategies.
– How do we measure improved Cyber-physical system service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we Identify specific Cyber-physical system investment and emerging trends?
– Are there recognized Cyber-physical system problems?
Indoor positioning system Critical Criteria:
Chat re Indoor positioning system tactics and create a map for yourself.
– what is the best design framework for Cyber-physical system organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Is Cyber-physical system Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Have all basic functions of Cyber-physical system been defined?
Industry 4.0 Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Industry 4.0 quality and give examples utilizing a core of simple Industry 4.0 skills.
– Is maximizing Cyber-physical system protection the same as minimizing Cyber-physical system loss?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Cyber-physical system study?
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Chat re Internet of Things tasks and spearhead techniques for implementing Internet of Things.
– Extensibility: extensibility could be a huge challenge at the edge of the network, unlike a mobile system, the things in the IoT could be very dynamic. when the owner purchases a new thing, can it be easily added to the current service without any problem?
– What privacy training is provided to users either generally or specifically relevant to the functionality of the program or system?
– What are the critical success factors which will support the expansion and wide adoption of IoT applications?
– How do we drive a secure solution that is interoperable and scales across a global IoT ecosystem?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– What are our key showtoppers which will prevent or slow down IoT applications rise?
– How to effectively and fairly allocate resources among a collection of competing users?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– How much are companies liable vs. the consumers themselves?
– Does the system evolve toward a stable mix of agent types?
– Are there background checks for the Contractors employees?
– What startups are focused on the Internet of Things IoT?
– What middlewares are used in Internet of things?
– What are the best Internet of Things use cases?
– What damage can result from systems failure?
– Do certain types of agents dominate?
– How is identity managed at scale?
– Do we have Things use cases?
– What can be measured?
– Who owns the data?
Medical monitoring Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Medical monitoring failures and balance specific methods for improving Medical monitoring results.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Cyber-physical system leader?
– How is the value delivered by Cyber-physical system being measured?
National Science Foundation Critical Criteria:
Adapt National Science Foundation engagements and change contexts.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Cyber-physical system project?
– What are the business goals Cyber-physical system is aiming to achieve?
Predictive manufacturing system Critical Criteria:
Canvass Predictive manufacturing system tactics and perfect Predictive manufacturing system conflict management.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Cyber-physical system is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is Supporting Cyber-physical system documentation required?
Process control system Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Process control system planning and remodel and develop an effective Process control system strategy.
– What are the disruptive Cyber-physical system technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Cyber-physical system opportunities costing us money?
Resilient control systems Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Resilient control systems outcomes and attract Resilient control systems skills.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Cyber-physical system?
SAP AG Critical Criteria:
Audit SAP AG risks and find answers.
– Do Cyber-physical system rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Schneider Electric Critical Criteria:
Map Schneider Electric tasks and handle a jump-start course to Schneider Electric.
– What is the purpose of Cyber-physical system in relation to the mission?
Signal-flow graph Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Signal-flow graph engagements and oversee Signal-flow graph management by competencies.
– Consider your own Cyber-physical system project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Cyber-physical system processes of our organization?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Cyber-physical system processes?
Smart grid Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Smart grid issues and do something to it.
– Does your organization perform vulnerability assessment activities as part of the acquisition cycle for products in each of the following areas: Cybersecurity, SCADA, smart grid, internet connectivity, and website hosting?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Cyber-physical system activities?
– What are specific Cyber-physical system Rules to follow?
Wireless network Critical Criteria:
Rank Wireless network governance and assess and formulate effective operational and Wireless network strategies.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Cyber-physical system workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– If wireless technology is used, do perimeter firewalls exist between wireless networks and the payment card environment?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Cyber-physical system values?
– What percentage of classrooms in the school has access to the schools wireless network?
– Do we all define Cyber-physical system in the same way?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cyber-physical system Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cyber-physical system External links:
Cyber-Physical Systems – a Concept Map
Hume Center – Cyber-Physical System Security
Cyber-Physical Systems | NSF – National Science Foundation
Association for Computing Machinery External links:
Association for Computing Machinery
Association for Computing Machinery
Association for Computing Machinery
Automatic pilot External links:
Automatic pilot | aeronautics | Britannica.com
Automatic pilot | Define Automatic pilot at Dictionary.com
Chemical process External links:
19 Best Title:(chemical Process Operator) jobs (Hiring …
Title Chemical Process Engineer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Chemical process economics. (Book, 1958) [WorldCat.org]
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Computer network External links:
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Critical infrastructure External links:
Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience – FEMA
Critical infrastructure protection – usfa.fema.gov
Cyber manufacturing External links:
Cyber Manufacturing LLC – MapQuest
Introduction to cyber manufacturing – ScienceDirect
cyber manufacturing | Texas A&M Today
Embedded system External links:
The MicroController and Embedded System Store
Aerial Reconfigurable Embedded System (ARES)
Functional Mock-up Interface External links:
FMI – Functional Mock-up Interface
Home appliance External links:
Airport Home Appliance – Official Site
Extended Warranty: TV, Home Appliance & Laptops | Asurion
IEEE Spectrum External links:
IEEE Spectrum – Google+
IEEE Spectrum Podcasts – TuneIn
IEEE Spectrum – Home | Facebook
Idaho National Laboratory External links:
Idaho National Laboratory | Department of Energy
Idaho National Laboratory – Home | Facebook
Idaho National Laboratory – CDC
Indoor positioning system External links:
Senion | Indoor Positioning System | Indoor navigation
Indoor Positioning System – Safety Apps – 911Cellular
MIT Accurate Indoor Positioning System WiFi | The Mary Sue
Industry 4.0 External links:
Industry 4.0 Summit – discover the 4th industrial revolution
Industry 4.0 ThinkTank – Official Site
Internet of Things External links:
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Internet of Things World Forum – IoTWF Home
Medical monitoring External links:
How Medical Monitoring Works – LifeStation
National Science Foundation External links:
Discoveries | NSF – National Science Foundation
National Science Foundation: Preliminary Observations …
National Science Foundation – Visit Alexandria VA
Resilient control systems External links:
“Towards Assurance Cases for Resilient Control Systems…
SAP AG External links:
User Management, SAP AG – Welcome! Please Sign in.
User Management, SAP AG – haascnc.com
User Management, SAP AG – eSupplierConnect
Schneider Electric External links:
My Schneider Electric – Login
EcoBuilding Exchange Home | Schneider Electric – The Exchange
My Schneider Electric – Login
Smart grid External links:
Smart Grid – AbeBooks
Recovery Act Smart Grid Programs
Wireless network External links:
Internet Connection – Home Wireless Network Setup | AT&T
AT&T MicroCell Wireless Network Extender
Setting up a wireless network – Windows Help