What is involved in Blended Course Design
Find out what the related areas are that Blended Course Design connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Blended Course Design thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Blended Course Design journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Blended Course Design leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Blended Course Design related domains to cover and 110 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Blended Course Design, Blended learning, 21st century skills, Academic standards, Access For Learning Community, Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee, Differentiated instruction, Digital badge, Digital divide, Digital literacy, Digital natives, Educational technology, Face-to-face driver model of learning, Flex model of learning, Flipped classroom, Information and communication technologies, Information technology, Instructor-led training, Khan Academy, Learning Tools Interoperability, Learning management system, Lecture recording, Mainframe computer, Media psychology, Mixed reality, Mobile technology, Networked learning, Online driver, Personalized learning, Rotation model of learning, Schools Interoperability Framework, Self-blended model of learning, The National Council of Teachers of English, The Washington Post, Virtual learning environment, Web conferencing:
Blended Course Design Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Blended Course Design goals and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Blended Course Design results.
– Do we monitor the Blended Course Design decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Do the Blended Course Design decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we go about Comparing Blended Course Design approaches/solutions?
Blended learning Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Blended learning management and probe the present value of growth of Blended learning.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Blended Course Design models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Blended Course Design study?
– Why should we adopt a Blended Course Design framework?
– Blended learning: a dangerous idea?
21st century skills Critical Criteria:
Administer 21st century skills leadership and handle a jump-start course to 21st century skills.
– What are the disruptive Blended Course Design technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we know that any Blended Course Design analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is Effective Blended Course Design?
Academic standards Critical Criteria:
See the value of Academic standards issues and find out what it really means.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Blended Course Design opportunities costing us money?
– Does the Blended Course Design task fit the clients priorities?
Access For Learning Community Critical Criteria:
Reason over Access For Learning Community failures and research ways can we become the Access For Learning Community company that would put us out of business.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Blended Course Design forward?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Blended Course Design moving forward?
Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee Critical Criteria:
Align Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee quality and report on developing an effective Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee strategy.
– Consider your own Blended Course Design project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– In a project to restructure Blended Course Design outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we keep improving Blended Course Design?
Differentiated instruction Critical Criteria:
Design Differentiated instruction tactics and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Differentiated instruction.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Blended Course Design in a volatile global economy?
– Among the Blended Course Design product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Are assumptions made in Blended Course Design stated explicitly?
Digital badge Critical Criteria:
Focus on Digital badge leadership and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Digital badge decisions.
– What will drive Blended Course Design change?
– How do we Lead with Blended Course Design in Mind?
Digital divide Critical Criteria:
Derive from Digital divide adoptions and work towards be a leading Digital divide expert.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Blended Course Design workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is Blended Course Design Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What vendors make products that address the Blended Course Design needs?
Digital literacy Critical Criteria:
Apply Digital literacy adoptions and explore and align the progress in Digital literacy.
– How can you measure Blended Course Design in a systematic way?
– Do we have past Blended Course Design Successes?
Digital natives Critical Criteria:
Steer Digital natives decisions and probe the present value of growth of Digital natives.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Blended Course Design?
– How can we improve Blended Course Design?
Educational technology Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Educational technology results and explain and analyze the challenges of Educational technology.
Face-to-face driver model of learning Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Face-to-face driver model of learning planning and separate what are the business goals Face-to-face driver model of learning is aiming to achieve.
– In what ways are Blended Course Design vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How is the value delivered by Blended Course Design being measured?
Flex model of learning Critical Criteria:
Chart Flex model of learning issues and grade techniques for implementing Flex model of learning controls.
– Can we add value to the current Blended Course Design decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Flipped classroom Critical Criteria:
Gauge Flipped classroom strategies and prioritize challenges of Flipped classroom.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Blended Course Design strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What is the source of the strategies for Blended Course Design strengthening and reform?
– How do we manage Blended Course Design Knowledge Management (KM)?
Information and communication technologies Critical Criteria:
Focus on Information and communication technologies leadership and look in other fields.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Blended Course Design move?
– Who will provide the final approval of Blended Course Design deliverables?
– How to deal with Blended Course Design Changes?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Nurse Information technology failures and find the ideas you already have.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Blended Course Design values?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– What are all of our Blended Course Design domains and what do they do?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Instructor-led training Critical Criteria:
Reason over Instructor-led training risks and plan concise Instructor-led training education.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Blended Course Design. How do we gain traction?
– For your Blended Course Design project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Blended Course Design project manager?
Khan Academy Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Khan Academy results and ask what if.
– What are internal and external Blended Course Design relations?
– Are there Blended Course Design Models?
Learning Tools Interoperability Critical Criteria:
Generalize Learning Tools Interoperability decisions and check on ways to get started with Learning Tools Interoperability.
– Have all basic functions of Blended Course Design been defined?
– How much does Blended Course Design help?
Learning management system Critical Criteria:
Consider Learning management system leadership and remodel and develop an effective Learning management system strategy.
– With regards to competency management are you looking to build your own competencies, or integrate with a competency library that you already have in place?
– In regards to blogs/chat rooms does the vendor need to supply a built in blog/chat room tool, or simply link from the portal to an existing blog/chat room?
– Data migration are there any external users accounts existing and will these user accounts need to be migrated to the new lms?
– Does using Facebook for discussions in an online course enhance perceived social presence and student interaction?
– How might a persons various social network profiles be useful for learning education and or training?
– Do we have personnel that will be designated as the owners and managers of the lms?
– How many people will you have to participate in the implementation project?
– Are course notes provided by the instructor part of the student materials?
– What is your anticipated go live date with the new application you select?
– How can we ensure that training is done on time or done at all?
– Other groups or affiliates we should include in this effort?
– What are the common steps to start an effective e learning campaign?
– What is social learning as defined in online learning platforms?
– Can you define what cascading style sheets are?
– What are good examples of online learning communities?
– Which are the top 10 companies in education domain?
– What form of payments must be supported?
– What data needs to be interfaced?
– Why do we need an lms system?
– What can an LMS offer us?
Lecture recording Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Lecture recording risks and oversee implementation of Lecture recording.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Blended Course Design agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is a Blended Course Design Team Work effort in place?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Probe Mainframe computer projects and catalog what business benefits will Mainframe computer goals deliver if achieved.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Blended Course Design project?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Blended Course Design processes?
Media psychology Critical Criteria:
Steer Media psychology results and plan concise Media psychology education.
– When a Blended Course Design manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Why is Blended Course Design important for you now?
Mixed reality Critical Criteria:
Chat re Mixed reality failures and triple focus on important concepts of Mixed reality relationship management.
– Which customers cant participate in our Blended Course Design domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Mobile technology Critical Criteria:
See the value of Mobile technology issues and describe which business rules are needed as Mobile technology interface.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Blended Course Design project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Networked learning Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Networked learning quality and drive action.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Blended Course Design effort?
Online driver Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Online driver outcomes and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Online driver.
– Will Blended Course Design have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is Supporting Blended Course Design documentation required?
– What about Blended Course Design Analysis of results?
Personalized learning Critical Criteria:
Categorize Personalized learning adoptions and gather practices for scaling Personalized learning.
– How can you negotiate Blended Course Design successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Blended Course Design leader?
Rotation model of learning Critical Criteria:
Consult on Rotation model of learning adoptions and pioneer acquisition of Rotation model of learning systems.
– To what extent does management recognize Blended Course Design as a tool to increase the results?
Schools Interoperability Framework Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Schools Interoperability Framework management and sort Schools Interoperability Framework activities.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Blended Course Design goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How will you know that the Blended Course Design project has been successful?
Self-blended model of learning Critical Criteria:
Discuss Self-blended model of learning tasks and remodel and develop an effective Self-blended model of learning strategy.
– what is the best design framework for Blended Course Design organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is the purpose of Blended Course Design in relation to the mission?
The National Council of Teachers of English Critical Criteria:
Examine The National Council of Teachers of English leadership and develop and take control of the The National Council of Teachers of English initiative.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Blended Course Design experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Does our organization need more Blended Course Design education?
The Washington Post Critical Criteria:
Have a session on The Washington Post projects and create a map for yourself.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Blended Course Design information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How can the value of Blended Course Design be defined?
Virtual learning environment Critical Criteria:
Read up on Virtual learning environment strategies and learn.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Blended Course Design that make it risky?
– Who needs to know about Blended Course Design ?
– Who sets the Blended Course Design standards?
Web conferencing Critical Criteria:
Test Web conferencing goals and figure out ways to motivate other Web conferencing users.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Blended Course Design project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Blended Course Design project lifecycle?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Blended Course Design leaders?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Blended Course Design Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Blended Course Design External links:
[PDF]1 Blended Course Design A Synthesis of Best …
Blended learning External links:
Online & Blended Learning—Global Personalized Academics
Ready to Blend: Bring blended learning to your school.
Michigan Virtual – Online and Blended Learning
21st century skills External links:
21st Century Skills | Iowa Core
What are 21st century skills? | Thoughtful Learning K-12
Academic standards External links:
Oklahoma Academic Standards – sde.ok.gov
Academic Standards (K-12)
[PDF]Academic Standards Committee – WGU – Online …
Access For Learning Community External links:
Access For Learning Community – WOW.com
Access For Learning Community – update.revolvy.com
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Access For Learning Community
Differentiated instruction External links:
Effective Small Group Differentiated Instruction – YouTube
How it Works – Differentiated Instruction | Achieve3000
IRIS | Page 1: Defining Differentiated Instruction
Digital badge External links:
Digital Badge Program / PISD Digital Badge Program
AGA – Digital Badge – agacgfm.org
Digital Badges | HASTAC
Digital divide External links:
[PPT]PowerPoint Presentation – The Digital Divide: …
Closing the Digital Divide | NCTA
Digital Divide Essays – ManyEssays.com
Digital literacy External links:
Digital Literacy Curriculum for Grades K-12 – Learning.com
Home | Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment
digital literacy empowers seniors as it is a new lifeskill
Digital natives External links:
Digital Natives Cast
Raising Digital Natives
Digital Natives Group – Official Site
Educational technology External links:
TechFactors, Inc – Educational Technology Philippines
Georgia Educational Technology Conference / Homepage
Information and Educational Technology
Flex model of learning External links:
Flex model of learning – update.revolvy.com
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Flex model of learning
Flipped classroom External links:
The Flipped Classroom | Scoop.it
[Infographic] The Flipped Classroom – Blackboard Blog
The Maryland Flipped Classroom Study – For Higher …
Information and communication technologies External links:
Aivivid® AB | Information and Communication Technologies
Information technology External links:
IUanyWare | University Information Technology Services
Box @ IU | University Information Technology Services
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Instructor-led training External links:
Instructor-Led Training – Team Management Training …
Instructor-Led Training (ILT) – GSA
Instructor-led Training | IT@UMN
Khan Academy External links:
Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy – College Board
Khan Academy – Home | Facebook
Khan Academy (@khanacademy) | Twitter
Learning management system External links:
Canvas Learning Management System @ Bellevue College
Learning Management System | LMS | Schoology
OnBoard Learning Management System by Industrial …
Lecture recording External links:
BlueEyes Technology Group – Lecture Recording System
Mainframe computer External links:
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
IBM Mainframe Computer Ops in the 1980s – YouTube
Media psychology External links:
MA Media Psychology · Fielding Graduate University
Mixed reality External links:
Ultimate AEC Augmented Reality & Mixed Reality Apps!
Samsung’s Windows Mixed Reality headset will cost $499
Mobile technology External links:
Home page | IT Services | Mobile Technology – Prokarma
ATARC Federal Mobile Technology Summit | Fed Summits
Callyo | Mobile Technology for Law Enforcement
Networked learning External links:
index | Networked Learning Initiatives | Virginia Tech
Online driver External links:
United Driving School | Classroom & Online Driver …
State of Tennessee Online Driver Services
Student Login – Indiana Online Driver Improvement
Personalized learning External links:
Personalized Learning – Northern Arizona University
Lrnr – Personalized learning at an affordable price
Rotation model of learning External links:
Rotation model of learning – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Rotation model of learning
Schools Interoperability Framework External links:
SCHOOLS INTEROPERABILITY FRAMEWORK ASSOCIATION …
Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF) – Data …
Self-blended model of learning External links:
Self-blended model of learning – WOW.com
“Self-blended model of learning” on Revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Self-blended model of learning
The Washington Post External links:
The Washington Post: My Newsletters
Play Four – The Washington Post
The Washington Post
Virtual learning environment External links:
SimpleVLE – A Simple Virtual Learning Environment
Virtual Learning Environment – Complete Tenders
Moodle: A Virtual Learning Environment for the Rest of Us< http://tesl-ej.org/ej30/m2.html
Web conferencing External links:
GlobalMeet® Web Conferencing – globalmeet.pgi.com
http://Ad · globalmeet.pgi.com/GlobalMeet/FreeTrial
Free Web Conferencing – webex.com
http://Ad · www.webex.com/web/conferencing
AT&T Web Conferencing Training – Home – Product Selection