What is involved in Manufacturing process management
Find out what the related areas are that Manufacturing process management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Manufacturing process management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Manufacturing process management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Manufacturing process management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Manufacturing process management related domains to cover and 92 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Manufacturing process management, Activity-based costing, Assembly line, Computer-aided manufacturing, Computer-aided quality, Coordinate-measuring machine, Direct numerical control, Distributed control system, Enterprise resource planning, Failure mode and effects analysis, Human–machine interface, Industrial robot, Integrated Authority File, Manufacturing operations management, Outline of industrial organization, Overall equipment effectiveness, Process management, Product data management, Product manufacturing information, Production line, Quality management system, Scheduling, Statistical process control, Tool management, Work in progress:
Manufacturing process management Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Manufacturing process management visions and define what our big hairy audacious Manufacturing process management goal is.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Manufacturing process management?
– To what extent does management recognize Manufacturing process management as a tool to increase the results?
– Are there recognized Manufacturing process management problems?
Activity-based costing Critical Criteria:
Recall Activity-based costing failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Activity-based costing.
– Can we do Manufacturing process management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the usability implications of Manufacturing process management actions?
– Is Manufacturing process management Required?
Assembly line Critical Criteria:
Own Assembly line engagements and question.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Manufacturing process management with what users do day-to-day?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Manufacturing process management Management?
– Are there Manufacturing process management Models?
Computer-aided manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Computer-aided manufacturing decisions and differentiate in coordinating Computer-aided manufacturing.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Manufacturing process management objectives?
– What vendors make products that address the Manufacturing process management needs?
– How do we manage Manufacturing process management Knowledge Management (KM)?
Computer-aided quality Critical Criteria:
Adapt Computer-aided quality management and get out your magnifying glass.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Manufacturing process management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the disruptive Manufacturing process management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the business goals Manufacturing process management is aiming to achieve?
Coordinate-measuring machine Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Coordinate-measuring machine engagements and look at the big picture.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Manufacturing process management services/products?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Manufacturing process management process?
– Is Manufacturing process management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Direct numerical control Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Direct numerical control quality and find out what it really means.
– How can the value of Manufacturing process management be defined?
Distributed control system Critical Criteria:
Adapt Distributed control system risks and work towards be a leading Distributed control system expert.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Manufacturing process management. How do we gain traction?
– Is the Manufacturing process management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What is Effective Manufacturing process management?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Enterprise resource planning decisions and research ways can we become the Enterprise resource planning company that would put us out of business.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Manufacturing process management activities?
– How important is Manufacturing process management to the user organizations mission?
Failure mode and effects analysis Critical Criteria:
Depict Failure mode and effects analysis decisions and develop and take control of the Failure mode and effects analysis initiative.
– Does Manufacturing process management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Does our organization need more Manufacturing process management education?
– Why should we adopt a Manufacturing process management framework?
Human–machine interface Critical Criteria:
Examine Human–machine interface issues and balance specific methods for improving Human–machine interface results.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Manufacturing process management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Manufacturing process management that make it risky?
– What is the purpose of Manufacturing process management in relation to the mission?
Industrial robot Critical Criteria:
Merge Industrial robot strategies and transcribe Industrial robot as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Manufacturing process management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Manufacturing process management opportunities costing us money?
– What are the long-term Manufacturing process management goals?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Merge Integrated Authority File strategies and interpret which customers can’t participate in Integrated Authority File because they lack skills.
– How will you measure your Manufacturing process management effectiveness?
Manufacturing operations management Critical Criteria:
Recall Manufacturing operations management adoptions and balance specific methods for improving Manufacturing operations management results.
– Consider your own Manufacturing process management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Is Manufacturing process management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Outline of industrial organization Critical Criteria:
Analyze Outline of industrial organization issues and track iterative Outline of industrial organization results.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Manufacturing process management project?
– Is a Manufacturing process management Team Work effort in place?
Overall equipment effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Overall equipment effectiveness strategies and define what do we need to start doing with Overall equipment effectiveness.
– What are the barriers to increased Manufacturing process management production?
– How can we improve Manufacturing process management?
Process management Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Process management management and define Process management competency-based leadership.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Manufacturing process management project manager?
Product data management Critical Criteria:
Trace Product data management engagements and develop and take control of the Product data management initiative.
– Identifying what tasks require a particular tool –which tasks associated with the current configuration use a particular tool?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Manufacturing process management forward?
– What is the format of the information and what form does it need to be stored in?
– Which system should receive the Change Notification, PMS MIS or PMS CSDB?
– What system, if any, provides document numbers for Training Material?
– Have all basic functions of Manufacturing process management been defined?
– Version check is the correct property version available?
– Version check is the correct file version available?
– Which system should receive the Change Notification?
– What is the configuration of the information?
– What products do you want me to support?
– What information should we archive?
– What are the benefits of using PDM?
– How accurate is your product data?
– What is the information context?
– Who will work with PDM systems?
– What is it?
– Why use it?
Product manufacturing information Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Product manufacturing information management and separate what are the business goals Product manufacturing information is aiming to achieve.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Manufacturing process management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Think of your Manufacturing process management project. what are the main functions?
Production line Critical Criteria:
Investigate Production line quality and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Production line decisions.
– What are our needs in relation to Manufacturing process management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What is the source of the strategies for Manufacturing process management strengthening and reform?
– Do Manufacturing process management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Quality management system Critical Criteria:
Detail Quality management system management and define Quality management system competency-based leadership.
– Can we add value to the current Manufacturing process management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Manufacturing process management ?
– What about Manufacturing process management Analysis of results?
Scheduling Critical Criteria:
See the value of Scheduling failures and ask what if.
– The landscape of field service is continuously transforming. to become truly customer focused, field service organizations must take field excellence beyond scheduling technical appointments and closing customer complaints. so how can proactive fsm support this goal?
– Does it replace or negate traditional project management concerns with risk, scheduling, metrics, and execution, or does it shift how we think about these and necessitate new techniques and approaches?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Manufacturing process management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Manufacturing process management leader?
– How to deal with Manufacturing process management Changes?
Statistical process control Critical Criteria:
Debate over Statistical process control outcomes and devise Statistical process control key steps.
– How can you negotiate Manufacturing process management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Are Acceptance Sampling and Statistical Process Control Complementary or Incompatible?
– How much does Manufacturing process management help?
Tool management Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Tool management projects and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Tool management projects.
– How do we maintain Manufacturing process managements Integrity?
Work in progress Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Work in progress issues and perfect Work in progress conflict management.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Manufacturing process management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Manufacturing process management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Manufacturing process management External links:
[PDF]Manufacturing Process Management – PTC.com: Log In
Tecnomatix Manufacturing Process Management …
Manufacturing / Manufacturing Process Management – …
Assembly line External links:
RULE 1115 – MOTOR VEHICLE ASSEMBLY LINE COATING OPERATIONS
Assembly line | industrial engineering | Britannica.com
Some Lessons From The Assembly Line – Newsweek
Computer-aided manufacturing External links:
Computer-Aided Manufacturing – CCAM.COC – …
Direct numerical control External links:
Direct Numerical Control of Serial CNC Machines | Hyla Soft
DNC – Direct Numerical Control – YouTube
Direct numerical control of serial CNC machines – YouTube
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software and …
Enterprise Resource Planning Broward County Public Schools
What is ERP (Enterprise resource planning)? – NetSuite.com
Failure mode and effects analysis External links:
Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) is a systematic method of determining which failures in systems are life threatening or cause product impairment and which aren’t. It was developed by NASA as Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and is tied to several MIL standards.
[PDF]Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Industrial robot External links:
An industrial robot is a manipulator designed to move materials, parts and tools, and perform a variety of programmed tasks in manufacturing and production settings. Industrial robots are reshaping the manufacturing industry. They are often used to perform duties that are dangerous or unsuitable for human workers.
Unimate – The First Industrial Robot
The Robot Company – Industrial Robot Parts and Repair
Integrated Authority File External links:
MEDLARS indexing integrated authority file : chemical section
Integrated Authority File (GND) – Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
Integrated Authority File – YouTube
Manufacturing operations management External links:
SYSPRO Manufacturing Operations Management …
MES | Manufacturing Operations Management Software …
Manufacturing Operations Management Solutions | 2020
Outline of industrial organization External links:
Outline of industrial organization – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Outline of industrial organization
Overall equipment effectiveness External links:
OEE Software | Overall Equipment Effectiveness System
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) – The Balance
Process management External links:
Business Process Management Jobs – CareerBuilder
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM …
Process management in spinning (eBook, 2015) …
Product data management External links:
ECBC Product Data Management System Account Request
Understanding Product Data Management – Oracle
Product Data Management | Product Master Data | Profisee
Production line External links:
Production Line Stats – web.hiltonfoods.dk
Production Line : Car factory simulation on Steam
What is a Production Line? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
Quality management system External links:
What Is a Quality Management System? | ASQ
[PDF]Implementing an AS9100 Quality Management System
http://www.mcedd.org/documents/IMCP/Ebook on How to Implement an AS9100.pdf
[PDF]ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System …
Scheduling External links:
Welcome to the MVA Central Scheduling System
QGenda Scheduler – Physician Scheduling Software. On …
Statistical process control External links:
Statistical Process Control – C Chart
Statistical process control (eBook, 2008) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Statistical Process Control Basics – Tedco, Inc
Tool management External links:
ShopStream Connect Tool Management Software | Snap …
eDrawer: Tool Management & Monitoring | CribMaster
Vending, Tool Management, Dispensing Systems
Work in progress External links:
Work In Progress (WIP) Definition | Investopedia
Work in Progress – In Touch Ministries
Sing [WORK IN PROGRESS] – Roblox