What is involved in Desktop Virtualization
Find out what the related areas are that Desktop Virtualization connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Desktop Virtualization thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Desktop Virtualization journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Desktop Virtualization leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Desktop Virtualization related domains to cover and 87 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Desktop Virtualization, Apple–Intel architecture, Application software, Application virtualization, Citrix XenApp, Cloud computing, Data as a service, Desktop environment, Hardware virtualization, Microsoft App-V, Microsoft Windows, Oracle Corporation, Parallels Desktop for Mac, Remote Desktop Protocol, Remote Desktop Services, Software as a service, Tablet computer, Thin client, VMware Fusion, VMware Horizon View, VMware ThinApp, Virtual PC:
Desktop Virtualization Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Desktop Virtualization engagements and grade techniques for implementing Desktop Virtualization controls.
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– Can we do Desktop Virtualization without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the short and long-term Desktop Virtualization goals?
Apple–Intel architecture Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Apple–Intel architecture management and document what potential Apple–Intel architecture megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Desktop Virtualization activities?
– What business benefits will Desktop Virtualization goals deliver if achieved?
– How can skill-level changes improve Desktop Virtualization?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Use past Application software adoptions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Application software.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Desktop Virtualization objectives?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Desktop Virtualization?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– Are there recognized Desktop Virtualization problems?
Application virtualization Critical Criteria:
Design Application virtualization decisions and gather practices for scaling Application virtualization.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Desktop Virtualization project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Desktop Virtualization leaders?
– Is there any existing Desktop Virtualization governance structure?
– Which product provides an application virtualization solution?
Citrix XenApp Critical Criteria:
Read up on Citrix XenApp engagements and forecast involvement of future Citrix XenApp projects in development.
– What are our needs in relation to Desktop Virtualization skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we keep improving Desktop Virtualization?
– What about disaster recovery?
– Is Desktop Virtualization Required?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Guard Cloud computing governance and probe the present value of growth of Cloud computing.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– To what extent do you believe the use of cloud computing will improve its ability to provide support for the business in the next two years?
– Have you considered that incident detection and response can be more complicated in a cloud-based environment?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– Which cloud service model encompasses the complete cloud computing stack?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– How is cloud computing shaping enterprise communications?
– What are the practical limitations to cloud technology?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– How not to be locked in a SaaS system?
Data as a service Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Data as a service leadership and forecast involvement of future Data as a service projects in development.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Desktop Virtualization strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Desktop Virtualization been identified and analyzed?
– How do we Lead with Desktop Virtualization in Mind?
Desktop environment Critical Criteria:
Boost Desktop environment outcomes and get the big picture.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Desktop Virtualization does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Desktop Virtualization objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Do Desktop Virtualization rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Refer to Hardware virtualization decisions and look at it backwards.
– Do the Desktop Virtualization decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Microsoft App-V Critical Criteria:
Generalize Microsoft App-V management and slay a dragon.
– Have you identified your Desktop Virtualization key performance indicators?
– Who will provide the final approval of Desktop Virtualization deliverables?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Microsoft Windows planning and oversee implementation of Microsoft Windows.
– Does Desktop Virtualization create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is our formula for success in Desktop Virtualization ?
– How much does Desktop Virtualization help?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Oracle Corporation governance and maintain Oracle Corporation for success.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Desktop Virtualization? There might be some that are less obvious?
Parallels Desktop for Mac Critical Criteria:
Mine Parallels Desktop for Mac failures and check on ways to get started with Parallels Desktop for Mac.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Desktop Virtualization information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Does Desktop Virtualization analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Remote Desktop Protocol Critical Criteria:
Boost Remote Desktop Protocol issues and perfect Remote Desktop Protocol conflict management.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Desktop Virtualization. How do we gain traction?
– Does Desktop Virtualization analysis show the relationships among important Desktop Virtualization factors?
Remote Desktop Services Critical Criteria:
Coach on Remote Desktop Services engagements and finalize the present value of growth of Remote Desktop Services.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Desktop Virtualization processes?
– Which statement is true about remote desktop services (rds)?
– Have all basic functions of Desktop Virtualization been defined?
– What about Desktop Virtualization Analysis of results?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Software as a service management and cater for concise Software as a service education.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Desktop Virtualization is underway?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Are assumptions made in Desktop Virtualization stated explicitly?
– What is our Desktop Virtualization Strategy?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Canvass Tablet computer failures and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Tablet computer projects.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Desktop Virtualization workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Desktop Virtualization project?
– How do we maintain Desktop Virtualizations Integrity?
Thin client Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Thin client engagements and separate what are the business goals Thin client is aiming to achieve.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Desktop Virtualization experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Is Desktop Virtualization dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
VMware Fusion Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on VMware Fusion outcomes and define what our big hairy audacious VMware Fusion goal is.
– How do we Improve Desktop Virtualization service perception, and satisfaction?
– How can you measure Desktop Virtualization in a systematic way?
VMware Horizon View Critical Criteria:
Audit VMware Horizon View projects and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive VMware Horizon View projects.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Desktop Virtualization with what users do day-to-day?
VMware ThinApp Critical Criteria:
Examine VMware ThinApp planning and balance specific methods for improving VMware ThinApp results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Desktop Virtualization?
– To what extent does management recognize Desktop Virtualization as a tool to increase the results?
– Are accountability and ownership for Desktop Virtualization clearly defined?
Virtual PC Critical Criteria:
Guide Virtual PC failures and revise understanding of Virtual PC architectures.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Desktop Virtualization, including any consulting or professional services?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Desktop Virtualization effort?
– What will drive Desktop Virtualization change?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Desktop Virtualization Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Desktop Virtualization External links:
MED-V – Microsoft Desktop Virtualization | TechNet
Application and Desktop Virtualization – Citrix
Download Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization …
Application software External links:
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Citrix XenApp External links:
[PDF]Citrix XenApp Installation Instructions – DTSA
Job: CITRIX XENAPP | Placement Zone
HQDA Citrix XenApp Application Portal
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Data as a service External links:
Data As A Service – Pricing | Octoparse
DaaS: Contact Informatica Data as a Service
M-DaaS: Master Data as a Service Solution – D&B
Desktop environment External links:
Lumina Desktop Environment | Exploring and sharing …
Microsoft App-V External links:
Roel Beijnes | Microsoft App-V and workspace related topics
Microsoft App-V – Virtual Applications | TechNet
Microsoft Windows External links:
Apps | Microsoft Windows 10 | Official Site
Oracle Corporation External links:
ORCL: Oracle Corporation – Detailed Estimates – Zacks.com
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Remote Desktop Protocol External links:
Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 8.0 update for Windows 7 …
Understanding the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
Remote Desktop Protocol (Windows) – msdn.microsoft.com
Remote Desktop Services External links:
Disable a Remote Desktop Services Connection
Download Microsoft Remote Desktop Services …
How to Force Remote Desktop Services on Windows 7 to …
Software as a service External links:
[PDF]Software as a Service (SaaS)
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
DENTAWEB Software as a service
Tablet computer External links:
Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy View 32GB Android 18.4″ Wi-Fi Tablet Computer (Black): Electronics
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
Touchscreen Tablet Computer for Seniors
Thin client External links:
DWD Thin Client System
Thin Client Citrix Web Portal
HP Thin Client software and OS | HP® Official Site
VMware Fusion External links:
VMware Fusion – Official Site
VMware Horizon View External links:
NYCHHC – VMware Horizon View
VMware Horizon View
Load Balancing for VMware Horizon View (2146312)
VMware ThinApp External links:
Nov 24, 2015 · Free Download VMware ThinApp 5.2.0-3231342 – Create ThinApp packages, accelerate application deployment and …
Enabling VMware ThinApp virtual applications for …
Virtual PC External links:
How to Use Microsoft Virtual PC: 14 Steps (with Pictures)
With Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, you can create and run one or more virtual machines, each with its own operating system, on a single computer.
Virtual PC | Division of Information Technology